Souffle Japanese Pancake, Who doesn’t like to eat pancakes? Aside from the fact that they are very easy to prepare they make a nice breakfast, brunch, or lunch treat for the whole family. This recipe Site covers everything from the most basic recipes to something extra special that you can serve your family and friends to be enjoyed anytime of the week.
You Might Like Also : How To Make Souffle Pancake With 2 Eggs Only
3 tablespoons whole milk
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 large egg yolks
Zest 1/2 lemon
Pinch sea salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
4 large egg whites, chilled
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Confectioners’ sugar, for serving
Raspberries, for serving
Read Also : How To Make a Souffle pancakes with Yogurt
How To Make Pancake
1. In a medium bowl, mix together milk, butter, vanilla, egg yolks, lemon zest, and
salt. Sift in flour and whisk until batter is smooth and pale yellow.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip chilled egg whites and cream of tartar on the highest speed. When whites start to become fluffy, gradually add sugar and whip until glossy and stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Do not overbeat.
3. Add one third of the meringue into the batter and gently fold in completely, until no white streaks remain. Repeat process with the remaining thirds, being gently not to deflate the meringue.
4. Place 2 ring molds to the center of a nonstick skillet. Spray the inside of the ring molds and the bottom of the pan inside the ring molds.
5. Heat pan over low heat, and pour batter into the molds 1/2 full, allowing room for the batter to rise. Add 1/2 tablespoon water to the pan farthest away from the ring molds. Cover and cook until the top looks completely cooked, 6 minutes. Flip the pancakes with the ring molds still on. Cover again and cook until golden brown, another 5 minutes. Transfer pancakes to a plate and slowly push them out of the ring molds. Repeat with the remaining batter.
6. Place a stencil over the pancake, and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve with raspberries.
Have fun in preparing them, remember that in cooking being passionate about it is the key to serving delicious meals to your loved ones. Happy eating!