Who doesn’t like to eat pancakes? Aside from the fact that they are very easy to prepare they make a nice breakfast, brunch, or lunch treat for the whole family. This recipe Site covers everything from the most basic recipes to something extra special that you can serve your family and friends to be enjoyed anytime of the week.
This delightful Russian dish is usually served during festivities in Russia. These thin
pancakes is served with either sweet or savory filling.
You Might Also : How To Make Souffle Japanese Pancake
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 4-5 servings
2 ¼ cups milk
2 medium eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
½ tsp. baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ Tbsp. vegetable oil
½ cup boiling water
cooking oil spray
sweet or savory filling, to serve
You Might Like Also : How To Make Souffle Pancake With 2 Eggs Only
How To Make it :
1. Whisk together the milk and the eggs. Stir in the salt, powdered sugar, and
baking soda. Gradually add in the flour and vegetable oil.
2. Pour in the boiling water, stirring constantly. The batter should be very thin,
almost watery in consistency. Set aside and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
3. Lightly grease small frying pan with cooking spray and place over mediumhigh heat. Pick the pan up off the heat. Pour in about 3-4 Tbsp. of the mixture,
tilting the pan so the batter makes a circle and coats the base.
4. Return the pan to the heat. Cook for 1 minute. Carefully lift up an edge of the
pancake to see if it’s fully cooked: the edges will be golden and it should have
brown spots on the surface. Flip the pancake over and cook the other side for
another 1 minute. The pancake should be very thin.
3. Transfer the pancake to a plate lined with a clean kitchen towel. Repeat
procedure with the remaining batter. Stack them on top of each other and cover
with the towel to keep warm.
4. Spread your favorite sweet or savory filling on the center of the pancake, and
fold three times to make a triangle. You can also roll it like burrito, if desired.
Have fun in preparing them, remember that in cooking being passionate about it is the key to serving delicious meals to your loved ones. Happy eating!