The delicious combination of apple, cinnamon, and orange make these pancakes truly irresistible!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 medium orange
¼ cup raw sugar
2 ¼ cups self-raising flour, sifted
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
¼ tsp. iodized salt
1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
cooking oil spray
How To Make it :
1. Cut orange in half and using a citrus juice extractor, squeeze out the juice.
Place the juice and ¼ cup sugar in a small saucepan, bring to the boil until
thick or to your desired consistency. Set aside.
2. Combine the self-raising flour, powdered sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a
large bowl. Make a well in the center. Add the buttermilk, applesauce, and
egg. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined (do not over mix).
3. Lightly spray a medium sized non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Place
over medium heat.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake mixture into the pan and swirl to form round
cakes. Cook pancake for 2 minutes or until small bubbles start to show on the
surface. Turn to cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and
cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with
remaining batter, spraying pan with oil if necessary.
5. Divide pancakes onto 4 individual plates. Drizzle with prepared orange
6. Serve and enjoy.