Almond Pancakes with Orange Maple, Got some almond meal, orange and maple syrup in your pantry? Well, this is the perfect breakfast recipe for you!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 medium orange
¼ cup maple syrup
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
¼ cup almond meal
2 Tbsp. raw sugar
1 ½ cup almond milk
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
cooking oil spray
How To Make it :
1. Cut orange in half and using a citrus juice extractor, squeeze out the juice.
Place the juice in a small saucepan, bring to the boil until reduced by half.
Add the maple syrup and cook further until thick or to your desired
consistency. Set aside.
2. Combine the self-raising flour, almond meal and raw sugar in a large
bowl. Make a well in the center. Add the almond milk, egg, and butter. Using
a wooden spoon, stir until just combined (do not over mix).
3. Lightly spray a medium sized non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Place
over medium heat.
4. Pour ¼ cup of pancake mixture into the pan and swirl to form round cakes.
Cook pancake for 2 minutes or until small bubbles start to appear on the
surface. Turn to cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and
cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with
remaining batter, spraying pan with oil if necessary.
5. Divide pancakes on serving plates. Drizzle with orange-maple syrup.
6. Serve and enjoy