Who doesn’t like to eat pancakes? Aside from the fact that they are very easy to prepare they make a nice breakfast, brunch, or lunch treat for the whole family. This recipe Site covers everything from the most basic recipes to something extra special that you can serve your family and friends to be enjoyed anytime of the week.
Get the kids involved in making these flavorful and nutritious banana pancake recipe, Ready! Let’s Go.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 tsp. iodized salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium banana, sliced
- honey, to serve
- cooking oil spray
- banana, for garnish
How To Make Pancake
- Combine the flour and iodized salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Add the whole milk, egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined (do not over mix). Gently fold banana into the batter.
- Lightly spray a medium sized non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Place over medium heat.
- Pour 1⁄4 cup of pancake mixture into the pan and form round cakes. Cook pancake for 2 minutes or until small bubbles start to show on the surface. Flip over to cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm with kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining batter, spraying pan with oil as needed.
- Divide pancakes onto 4 individual plates. Garnish with banana slices and drizzle with honey.
- Serve and enjoy.
You Might Like Also